New HOS Ruling – July 1st
Friday, May 17th, 2013
The Countdown has Begun!
The HOS is closer and closer, are you ready?
Evenson Trucking: New HOS Ruling
NEW HOS Ruling Goes Live on July 1st
- You are allowed a period of 14 consecutive hours on duty, during which you can drive up to 11 hours, after being off duty for 10 or more consecutive hours.
- For every 8 hours you drive, you must take a 30 minute break.
- You cannot drive after 60 hours on duty in 7 consecutive days, or after 70 hours on duty in 8 consecutive days.
- You may restart a 7 or 8 consecutive day period after taking 34 or more consecutive hours off duty once per month.
- In order to take a 34 hour restart, you must take two breaks during your 60 or 70 hours work week.
- The breaks must start at 1am and end no earlier than 5am in your home terminal time zone.